Parental involvement is a combination of commitment and active participation on the part of parent to the school and to the student. As parents you can ensure that your child receives the benefits from parental involvement by staying up to date on what is happening in the classroom.
Tulsa Public Schools is committed to helping your child develop the academic knowledge and critical thinking he or she needs to succeed in school and beyond. As a result, these involvement opportunities empower parents to take action. By connecting parents to school officials, community members, other parents, knowledge, and powerful allies, these opportunities build bridges and networks that support schools and sustain whole communities.
Get involved AT Celia Clinton elementary!
Check with your child's teacher(s) or school leadership team to find out how you can help out before, during, and after the school day. Volunteers must complete an application and security screening. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Parent Teacher Association
Strong school and family partnerships are integral to the academic, social, and emotional well-being of our students. We welcome our parents, guardians, and families to be involved with their child's school as volunteers, advocates, and partners in education. Join the Celia Clinton Parent/Teacher Association and attending meetings regularly is a great way to stay engaged with your child's school community.
Celia Clinton Elementary has a full time Parent Involvement Facilitator. The Parent Involvement Facilitator works to help parents by connecting them to services when they are in need. The PFI proudly supports the staff, students, and parents by keeping a calendar of events, works with the PTA and assists to help keep the absenteeism to a minimum.
Reading Partners is a national nonprofit that partners with elementary schools to help students develop strong literacy skills. Our volunteer reading partners help students struggling with developing the reading skills they need to succeed in school and in life. Reading Partners is an evidence-based and community-driven organization that welcomes volunteers from all walks of life to help make a difference for Tulsa children. Volunteer with Reading Partners and help our scholars.
Partners in Education
- Rotary Club of Tulsa #145
- Penloyd LLC
We are extremely thankful to our Partners In Education. Without them, much of what we do would be so much harder. These companies or organizations provide time, energy, and money to our school. Thank you!
District Involvement Information
- Stay Connected - TPS social media and smartphone app
- Tulsa Council of PTAs
- National PTA
- Booster Clubs/PTAs sanctioned organizations
- Parents as Teachers
- Student and Family Guide to Success (includes the Behavior Response Plan)
- Achieving. Classroom Excellence (ACE) Parental Curriculum Choice Letter
- Logrando la Excelencia en el Salón de Clases Carta hacia los Padres para la Selección de Currículo
- Parent Guide | Guía para Padres
- Parents Right To Know | El Derecho a Saber de los Padres
- Parent and Family Engagement Policy
- Educational Surrogate Parents Program
- All students need parental support to succeed. The Educational Surrogate Parents Program responds to the need for support and representation of students with disabilities whose parents are not available. This program relies on the commitment of volunteers who support a student's education by advocating for him/her to ensure that the student receives a free and appropriate public education.